Seneca Falls a place to GROW your Business
Seneca Falls is situated between the two major cities of Rochester and Syracuse and is just 110 miles east of Buffalo . Ontario County is our neighbor to the west and Cayuga County to the east.
Seneca Falls 2002 aerial view with street overlays. (2002 PDF, 27 mb.)
* 55 minutes to Rochester International Airport
* 45 minutes to Syracuse Hancock International Airport
* A short hop flight to New York City
* Minutes to NYS Thruway exit 41 and exit 42
* Seneca and Cayuga Lakes are seconds away offering recreation water sports and tremendous fishing.
* Seneca County has over 20 award wining wineries, 7 new wineries in just the last six years.
* Transportation - Seneca Falls offers excellent cargo rail service, and major thoroughfare for trucking.
* Centered between 6 major Secondary Educational Institutes (University of Rochester , Rochester Institute of Technology, Syracuse University , Alfred State, Ithaca College and Cornell University) Seneca Falls offers any company the potential to draw on an educated labor pool.
* Proximity to Rochester allows access to companies clustered in medical research, biotechnology/pharmaceutical, telecommunications photonic/imaging and precision manufacturing.
* Approved Building Sites at Deer Run Industrial Park (more info )
* Safe, low crime environment for businesses and their employees.
* NYS Business Exemption - 485b - allows 50% exemption on school, town, and county taxes the first year with a 5% decline during the next nine years in assessed value attributable to construction or improvements.
Economic Incentives & Programs
Currently there are a variety of possible savings and incentives available to businesses which choose to open here in Seneca Falls. Possibilities include tax savings, low interest loans, local, state and federal grant programs and more. Please call us to discuss your business plans and how Seneca Falls will make them happen!
Seneca Falls, NY Demographics
The Village and Town of Seneca Falls are comprised of 9347 residents with an almost equal percent of Men and Women. The most populous age group is the 35 to 44 year old with 15.9 % of the population. 80% of the ancestral make up of the community is comprised of Italian 27.9%, German 19.2%, Irish 17.4%, English 15.5% with the all other cat egories complimenting. The median family income is $48565 with a per capita income of $18,462.
Source: U. S. Bureau of the Census, Census 2000
For a complete review of the Seneca Falls Town and Village 2000 Census review the PDF files below.
- 2000 Village of Seneca Falls Census Review (pdf)
- 2000 Town of Senca Falls Census Review (pdf)
Major Corridors and Traffic Counts
Major state routes within Seneca Falls include Routes 414, 5, 20, 96, 89, and 318. An analysis of traffic count information shows that all these major routes have seen substantial traffic increases over the past several decades. Many of these routes have had one hundred or more percent increases in average daily traffic.